A good sales team is where majority of the team members having positive attitudes, and are willing to support and challenge others on the team. She is soft spoken and calm, but a champion when it comes to selling insurance, meet Patyster Lusweti, who works in our sales department at the Western region. Her colleagues describe her as ready to learn, articulate and very respectful. She has been with ACRE Africa for four years.
1. 3 things you personally like: I like when we have team building events at work, being with my family. I also enjoy farming during my free time. I keep poultry and cows, and yes I have insured them.
2. 3 things you don’t like/enjoy: I can’t stand gossip. I also hate idling- I am always busy. I don’t like failure. For example when I pitch to a client and don’t get a contract, I feel bad.
3. If you could meet anyone, who would it be? It would be Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, president of Liberia and the first woman president in Africa. I would want to know how she beat all the men and became president. She inspires me.
4. Your favorite place on Earth? I would love to visit Rwanda. I hear it is a small country and maybe I could even tour it within a few days.
5. How does a normal day look like at work? I leave the house around 9am, then proceed to meet farmers and other stakeholders. During the day, I will receive various work-related calls from my colleagues in different locations. I will also check my mail severally and attend to them.
6. What do you like best about your job? I love my job because people are very down to earth. If you find me in a conversation with my line manager or our MD, you cannot tell if one is more senior than the other. I love that culture at ACRE.
7. What is the number one challenge you face in your job? Convincing farmers that they need insurance.
8. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge? I keep pressing forward, and rely on farmer ambassadors who have benefited from agriculture insurance to spread the word.
9. What is your favorite movie at all times? My Three Sisters
10. Favorite quote? “If you are good at something, never do it for free – Anonymous”
Patyster is a mother of one son and one daughter who she loves dearly. “I look forward to my son finishing high school this year and joining campus,”.