Cool, Calm and Collected Chris - he is known for going not one extra mile, but many extra miles to ensure a task is done. He is also known for his amazing patience even when working under immense pressure, which is a constant in his line of work. Passionate about ensuring farmers in Tanzania have access to suitable insurance products, meet Christopher Mazali who heads our Tanzania operations.
- Three things you personally like: I like travelling, reading books and magazines and spending time with my family.
- Three things you don’t like: Feeling sad and seeing people suffer. I also hate when I am tempted to give up in life.
- If you could meet anyone, who would it be? It would be Bill Gates. He inspires me because he has built a great company from nothing, pushing the limits on occasion to his maximum benefit. He is also generous in giving away his money via his philanthropic foundation. This inspires me.
- Your favorite place on Earth? Morogoro Tanzania, my home town. Morogoro has beautiful weather, beautiful mountains and the land is very good for agriculture. All the good memories from my childhood are mostly from Morogoro.
- What do you like most about working at ACRE Africa? I like our working culture and passion to help farmers in Africa accessing insurance. Although, we are a small organization, we are impacting hundreds of thousands of farmers by protecting them from various perils which affect their farming, keeping them in poverty. I also enjoy the team work with my colleagues.
- How does a normal day look like at the office? The first thing I do when I got to the office is to get my hot cup of coffee! This helps freshen up my mind. I then check my emails and respond to those which need immediate feedback. A typical day will mostly be about various meetings with customers at the office and outside the office.
- What is the number one challenge you face in your job? Sometimes, I am not able to solve a client's problem.
- What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge? I reach out to others for help.
- How do you keep a healthy work/life balance? I exercise every morning before I go to work. I set time every day to spend time with close friends and relatives after office hours.
- What is your favorite movie at all times? The Titanic
Chris has a fiance and will be wedding in the near future :-)