|Role Title: Operations Manager – Field Operations
|Department or Function: Commercial
|Reports to Role: CIO & Principal Officer
|Location : Nairobi – Head Office
|About ACRE Africa
Agriculture and Climate Risk Enterprise Ltd (ACRE Africa), a subsidiary of ZEP-RE is a for-profit social enterprise and designer of risk management solutions for farmers with operations in Africa since 2009. ACRE Africa specializes in linking smallholder farmers to agriculture and climate risk management solutions among them climate information services, climate change adaptation strategies and tailored agriculture insurance to enhance their resilience towards agricultural and climate change related shocks. Through its Operations across Africa, ACRE has reached over 3 million farmers over the last three years.
|OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
ACRE is seeking an experienced Operations Manager – Field operations. The Operations Manager in charge of Field Operations plays a crucial role in overseeing and optimizing the performance of field staff and activities. This role involves strategic planning, coordination, and management of field operations to ensure efficiency, productivity, and adherence to organizational objectives. The Operations Manager will collaborate with various departments to enhance overall operational effectiveness and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
|RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Supervise and lead a team of field staff, including recruitment, training, and performance management.
2. Provide ongoing training and development opportunities for field staff to enhance their skills and knowledge.
3. Foster a positive and collaborative team culture, promoting a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
4. Plan and coordinate field activities to ensure timely and efficient execution.Monitor and manage resource allocation to optimize productivity and cost-effectiveness.
5. Establish clear lines of communication between field staff and the management team.Provide regular updates on operational performance, challenges, and successes.
6. Evaluate and implement technology solutions to enhance field operations.Monitor expenses and identify cost-saving opportunities without compromising quality.
7. Develop and implement operational strategies to achieve organizational goals.Collaborate with senior management to set performance targets and operational KPIs.
8. Working with the business development team in carrying out product feasibility analysis and generation of new and renewal business as required to ensure that we meet revenue targets.
9. Retain and profitably, grow ACRE Africa’s sales volume and profitability through sourcing new key accounts and proactive management of assigned large-customer relationships.
10. Achieve account growth to assigned accounts by providing solutions and clear plans for penetration of their entire business including other geographies.
11. Deliver on ACRE Africa Key Performance Metrics, including farmers insured, Net sales, Margins, Cash flow, Customer Satisfaction & Key Sales Objectives.
12. Preparation of impact reports for ACRE Africa and perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
A bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, insurance, operations management, or any other relevant discipline is required.
Proven experience in operations management, with a focus on field operations.
Experience in working with farmers, agricultural organizations, and government agencies in Kenya.
Minimum 7 years of relevant experience and a demonstrable track record in closure of business development targets in their historical work experience.Good knowledge of the agriculture sector and risk management strategies.
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
Knowledge of industry regulations and compliance standards.Proficiency in using technology and software relevant to field operations.
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
Robust business understanding.Knowledge of relevant software, such as Microsoft Office Suite.Outstanding negotiation and decision-making skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to apply by sending application to HR department by email to recruitment@ACREAFRICA.COM attaching detailed CV, by Friday 22 December 2023, 16:00 pm.