Post Title: Business Development Officer – Zambia
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
1. Responsible for selling and supporting ACRE Africa’s complete product and service offering to an assigned set of named accounts focusin
g on customers with high-value, strategic growth opportunity.
2. Source, maintains and grow relationships with large customers, while achieving an assigned sales and profit growth goal.
3. Together with the Heads of Business Development, identify profitable business opportunities, secure sound business deals, and coordinate advisory and insurance projects in Zambia.
- Support the actuarial and business development team in developing new insurance solutions.
- Liaising with insurers and reinsurers on pricing of crop and livestock insurance products
- Working with the business development team in carrying out product feasibility analyses and generation of new and renewal business as required to ensure that we meet revenue targets.
- Retains and profitably grow Acre Africa’s sales volumes, and profitability through sourcing new key accounts and proactive management of assigned large-customer relationships.
- Achieve account growth to assigned accounts by providing solutions and clear plans for penetration of their entire business including other geographies.
- Responsible for establishing relationships with customer’s key influencers as well as decision makers and manage the entire sales process from opportunity creation to sales closure and successful delivery.
- Deliver on Acre Africa Key Performance Metrics, including farmers insured, Net sales, Margins, Cash flow, Customer Satisfaction & Key Sales Objectives
- Preparation of impact reports for Acre Africa
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & CAPABILITIES
Critical experience and knowledge
- University Degree in General Agriculture, Agribusiness Management, Agricultural Economics, Actuarial Science, Commerce, Economics, or other relevant business degree
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience in a business-to-business, large/strategic customer segment
- Professional Certification in insurance is a plus.
- Qualifications in sales and marketing an added advantage.
- Experience in developing and executing sales strategies and business analysis.
- Experience in micro insurance is ideal.
- Knowledge of the Zambian agricultural sector an added advantage.
Critical technical and professional capabilities
- Evidence of ability to build credibility and stature with large customers at senior levels.
- Excellent negotiation/communication skills.
- Strong track record of achieving and exceeding results.
- An extensive contact network in the market, Agribusinesses specific a key advantage.
- Strong ability to work in a complex global environment, effectively building and sustaining relationships at multiple levels with the customer as well as internally.
- Strong team player who easily integrates in an existing team and has the ability to create the needed team to achieve the business objectives.
- Open, winning and go-getter attitude, organized and structured, an excellent listener and strong presentation skills are pre-requisites
- Intellectual ability & strategic thinking
- Accountable and committed
- Innovative and creative
- Strong budgeting and financial skills (Ability to meet targets and manage expenditure)
Other behaviors critical for the role
- Hungry for results
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple projects, in a country, phases and accounts
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Good listener and ability to understand new customers’ concerns and wishes and ability to articulate this into new products or modifications
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 30th June 2022