Post Title: Commercialization Demand Associate
Department: Impact and Expansion
Project Term: 1 Year
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- ACRE AFRICA in partnership with Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture (SFSA), Synergy Seeds Zambia and Mayfair Insurance Zambia, is seeking an experienced Consultant to implement “Zambia Multi Stakeholder Macro Resilience Upscale project” under the supervision of the Supply and Project Coordinator and the Commercialization Lead.
The business development will be;
1. Spearhead and manage commercialization efforts of the project.
2. Facilitate the interaction between various distribution channels on behalf of the project team and ensure: (i) communication and planning (ii) project reporting.
3. Partnership management and coordination – together with the Local lead, to coordinate partnership engagement between local partners.
4. Focal point person for on ground activities – Together with the local lead and local partners, take lead in logistical organization of all the field missions, the participation and facilitation of meetings with stakeholders.
5. Take lead with project experts in strategizing on distribution of the bundled product targeting 25,000 new farmers by the end of the project in June 2024
6. Together with the local partners, take lead in capacity building of distribution channels i.e., Agroshops & Merchandisers
7. Take lead together with local partners in running sensitization campaigns for farmers.
8. Work closely in budget development to support implementation and achievement of targets.
1.Spearheading and managing sales and marketing activities.
• Take lead in engagements with the existing and new distribution channels to achieve sales targets.
• Reporting on progress of product uptake and challenges.
• Together with the local lead, look for possible subsidy partners to support the project.
• Work closely with our insurance and seed company teams to deploy climate risk insurance to our distribution partners and farmer networks.
2.Onboarding demand partners and capacity building of farmers
• Local team leader in partnership onboarding, relationship management, training, and co-creation of project activities with local partners.
• Train distribution partners on the use of our digital platform for climate risk insurance and provide ongoing support and training to ensure successful adoption.
• Train distribution partners and farmers on the benefits of bundling climate risk insurance with farming inputs to increase uptake and adoption.
3.Project and partnership Management
• Under supervision of the local lead, manage all day-to-day project deliverables- Including direct coordination of project deliverable with various experts at ACRE, SFSA, Synergy and Mayfair
• Monitoring and evaluating project target performance in liaison with the local lead.
• Support project audits by providing access to respective projects documentation, and institutions involved in the project to the auditors.
• Support the projects in project costings and relevant data to aid in budgeting and resource utilization.
• Manage data collection through the digital solutions in use. Compile updates and monthly narrative reports. Ensure detailed records are kept and analysis made of data collected from the farmers.
• Monitoring of projects objectives, targets implementation plans; prepare progress reports and use tracking tools.
• Report on field activities around onboarding and perception of insurance, providing insights and recommendations on where to focus more resources for increased insurance uptake and appreciation.
• Coordinate with the seed company’s farmer field days on insurance activities to ensure successful execution and promotion of the insurance product.
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure successful implementation of insurance products and services.
4.Interaction and communication with stakeholders
• With support from the local lead, communicate with local stakeholders: facilitate the contact with key stakeholders and share information and updates about the progress of the project when requested.
• Support material preparation and reporting: support the preparation of material (ppt, docs, tools) for the project.
KEY PROJEECT MILESTONE DELIVERABLES UNDER CONSULTANT’S ROLE
o Milestone 5: Sales performance report- Output being “Product sales: Training list for trained partners, grogshop, and other participants and Sales report with clarity on premium and value insured per region/per farmer/bundling.”
o Milestone 6: Onboarding additional distribution channels with output being Report highlighting Go or no-Go decision on subsidy component, Workshop report and structured distribution channel.
o Milestone 7: Product launch 2 with output being: workshop report for additional 100 agro shops.
o Milestone 8: Sales performance report targeting 23,000 farmers with output being: Sales report, training materials, review reports and claim reports.
o Milestone 9: Final report and sustainability pathways
- Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture, insurance or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in the insurance and/or agricultural sector.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build relationships with distribution partners, farmers and internal teams.
- Experience working with digital platforms and tools for data management and reporting.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Interested candidates who meets the above requirements are invited to apply by sending application to HR department by email attaching detailed CV, by Thursday 12th May 2023, 16:00pm to recruitment@ACREAFRICA.COM.