Post Title: Business Development Officer – Tanzania
Reporting to: Country Manager
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- Manage day by day ACRE’s Tanzania Office Activities that’s includes sales and marketing activities
- Conduct trainings and recruit farmers champions, agents and maintaining relationships with insurance companies, financial institutions, farmers groups
- Prepare sales and marketing reports weekly, monthly to the country Manager
- Develop ACRE’s Agriculture Insurance portfolio in Tanzania in collaboration with the Country Manager
1. To market and sale Agriculture insurance products developed and managed by ACRE Africa in collaboration with Insurance companies.
2. To train and recruit farmers champions, agents who will be selling and distributing agriculture insurance services to their fellow farmers in their areas.
3. To prepare farmers schedule, policy documents, term sheets for policy issuance.
4. With support from finance department, prepare invoices and collect ACRE’s fees and commissions from insurance companies and other ACRE’s stakeholders.
5. To prepare marketing and sales materials.
6. To update and manage ACRE’s Africa Tanzania Social Media accounts. 7. Prepare list of ACRE’s products potential clients and develop business out of them and submit weekly, monthly acquisition reports to the country Manager.
8. Conduct customer surveys, product monitoring and evaluation exercises.
9. Manage all day-by-day office activities such as receive customers calls, prepare documents and other activities as will be instructed by the country Manager.
10. Prepare Weekly and Monthly sales reports to the country Manager Manage relationships with key companies’ stakeholders such as Insurance companies, financial institutions, farmers groups, private and private companies etc.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & CAPABILITIES
Critical experience and knowledge
- University Degree in General Agriculture, Agribusiness Management, Agricultural Economics, Commerce, Economics, Insurance, or other relevant business degree
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience in a business-to-business, large/strategic customer segment
- Professional Certification in insurance is a plus.
- Qualifications in sales and marketing an added advantage.
- Experience in developing and executing sales strategies and business analysis.
- Experience in micro insurance is ideal.
- Knowledge of the Tanzania agricultural sector an added advantage.
- Experience in Social Media campaigning and accounts handling
- Knowledge on Tanzania Insurance sector specifically Agriculture Insurance Sector
Critical technical and professional capabilities
- Evidence of ability to develop and manage new businesses
- Excellent negotiation/communication skills.
- Excellent in computer skills such as MS world, Graphics.
- Strong track record of achieving and exceeding results.
- An extensive contact network in the market, Agribusinesses specific a key advantage.
- Strong ability to work in a complex global environment, effectively building and sustaining relationships at multiple levels with the customer as well as internally.
- Strong team player who easily integrates in an existing team and has the ability to create the needed team to achieve the business objectives.
- Open, winning and go-getter attitude, organized and structured, an excellent listener and strong presentation skills are pre-requisites
- Intellectual ability & strategic thinking
- Accountable and committed
- Innovative and creative
- Strong budgeting and financial skills (Ability to meet targets and manage expenditure)
Other behaviors critical for the role
- Hungry for results
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple projects, in a country, phases and accounts
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Good listener and ability to understand new customers’ concerns and wishes and ability to articulate this into new products or modifications
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 30th June 2022