Post Title: Country Manager – Nigeria
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- Responsible for selling and supporting ACRE Africa’s complete product and service offering to an assigned set of named accounts focusing on customers with high-value, strategic growth opportunity.
- Source, maintains and grow relationships with large customers, while achieving an assigned sales and profit growth goal.
- Together with the Heads of Business Development, identify profitable business opportunities, secure sound business deals, and coordinate advisory and insurance projects in Nigeria.
- Support the actuarial and business development team in developing new insurance solutions.
- Liaising with insurers and reinsurers on pricing of crop and livestock insurance products
- Working with the business development team in carrying out product feasibility analyses and generation of new and renewal business as required to ensure that we meet revenue targets.
- Retains and profitably grow ACRE Africa’s sales volumes, and profitability through sourcing new key accounts and proactive management of assigned large-customer relationships.
- Achieve account growth to assigned accounts by providing solutions and clear plans for penetration of their entire business including other geographies.
- Responsible for establishing relationships with customer’s key influencers as well as decision makers and manage the entire sales process from opportunity creation to sales closure and successful delivery.
- Deliver on ACRE Africa Key Performance Metrics, including farmers insured, Net sales, Margins, Cash flow, Customer Satisfaction & Key Sales Objectives
- Preparation of impact reports for ACRE Africa
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & CAPABILITIES
Critical experience and knowledge
- University Degree in General Agriculture, Agribusiness Management, Agricultural Economics, Actuarial Science, Commerce, Economics, or other relevant business degree
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in a business-to-business, large/strategic customer segment
- Professional Certification in insurance is a plus.
- Qualifications in sales and marketing an added advantage.
- Experience in developing and executing sales strategies and business analysis.
- Experience in micro insurance is ideal.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian agricultural sector an added advantage.
Critical technical and professional capabilities
- Evidence of ability to build credibility and stature with large customers at senior levels.
- Excellent negotiation/communication skills.
- Strong track record of achieving and exceeding results.
- An extensive contact network in the market, Agribusinesses specific a key advantage.
- Strong ability to work in a complex global environment, effectively building and sustaining relationships at multiple levels with the customer as well as internally.
- Strong team player who easily integrates in an existing team and has the ability to create the needed team to achieve the business objectives.
- Open, winning and go-getter attitude, organized and structured, an excellent listener and strong presentation skills are pre-requisites
- Intellectual ability & strategic thinking
- Accountable and committed
- Innovative and creative
- Strong budgeting and financial skills (Ability to meet targets and manage expenditure)
Other behaviors critical for the role
- Hungry for results
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple projects, in a country, phases and accounts
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Good listener and ability to understand new customers’ concerns and wishes and ability to articulate this into new products or modifications
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, send your application to email@example.com by 28th October 2022.